Application For Employment.
Position: Thermal Production Supervisor
This position is responsible for directly supervising and coordinating the activities of production employees, such as working foreman, assemblers, fabricators, machine operators, welders and painters as well as performing operational functions as related to purchasing, estimating and scheduling.
Essential Functions/ Key Job Responsibilities
Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
· Maintain shop staffing levels to satisfy delivery schedules.
· Hire, discipline, and terminate production employees as necessary.
· Monitor and assess performance, providing coaching and mentoring of direct reports; insure their understanding of and adherence to company policies.
· Interface and coordinate with Production Manager on matters of plant layout, maintenance, cleanliness, and scheduling.
· Insure employee orientation, training in equipment operations, work activities, and safety procedures, is conducted by yourself, foreman or lead in a timely manner.
· Manage direct costs against estimated costs working to achieve costs below those estimated.
Excellent troubleshooting skills encompassing refrigeration, electrical and controls components.
· Proper brazing techniques using different brazing alloys and piping materials (brazing certifications a plus)
· Applicant must have experience with refrigeration systems, including but not limited to: condensors, evaporators, compressors, pumps and motors. Capable of piping layout without full shop drawings.
· Work with the existing team on design and continuous product improvement.
· Working knowledge of fabrication processes, shop standards, quality control, costs and materials desired to maximize the effective manufacture of goods.
· Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resources allocation, leadership, production methods and the coordination of people and resources.
· Ability to operate PC with knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar software packages.
· Ability to use ERP system.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, active listening, analytical and research skills.
· Ability to analyze and organize data and tasks
· Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
Sets rapport with cross functional teams and peers; builds trust by basing feedback on objective criteria rather than subjective judgment; always follows through on commitments, promises, agreements, and decisions.
· Manages job delivery to ensure the profit of the project and risk mitigation.
· Ability to solve problems quickly to keep the work flowing smoothly.
· Ability to motivate, develop and direct people as they work.
· Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
Thermal Production Supervisor
- Willing to work with the team, but also able to hunker down and work independently to finish what needs to get done
- Able to bounce back and forth between projects and duties
- We win or lose as a team. This position requires a teamwork attitude and the attention to detail to complete tasks accurately with minimal errors. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with our company and has a “can-do” attitude.
- Must be proficient in English, both verbal and written.
Associates degree in business or related field equivalent or experience/knowledge as determined by management.
Must have a minimum five years experience in a manufacturing setting preferably in the refrigeration, industrial or commercial HAVC industries; 3 years supervisory experience.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
· Ability to type on a keyboard.
· Ability to converse over a telephone.
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should be construed as a detailed description of work requirements which may be inherent in the position. I have received a copy of this job description and understand and can perform the essential functions of the job.
Apply through email
Want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your introduction and resume attached. Be sure to specify the position you are applying for.
This job application is open until it is no longer posted. If selected, the next step will be an in-person interview.
If selected, you will be working specified hours from our headquarters in Caldwell, ID.
This is a fulltime position. You’re required to work 10 Hours per day, 5 days a week. 6am – 4pm Mon thru Fri.
Our mission is to offer our clients the highest quality refrigeration products, electrical control products and packaged control room systems by providing an unmatched combination of price, quality, and service.
We will cultivate our competitive advantage through teamwork, knowledge, communication, and technology. We will focus on profitable growth through alliance with customers who embrace strong relationships and allow us reasonable profits for outstanding products and services.
Engineering & Design
Johnson Thermal Systems
1711 Slipstream Way
Caldwell ID 83605
Tel: (208) 453-1000
Fax: (208) 453-1001
Copyright © 2018 Johnson Thermal Systems.