Application For Employment.
Job Description – Welder
This position is responsible for fabricating skid, tanks, or enclosures. Work may involve any of the following: operating flux & Metal core welding or flame-cutting equipment such as torches and plasma cutting. You must be able to lay out, positioning, aligning, and fitting parts of structural metal.
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, squares, and tape measures.
- Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, and/or metal drive clips, to assemble components into a building skid or platform.
- Maneuver completed units into position for assembly using overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Drill holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets. Tack-weld fitted parts together. Position or tighten braces, jacks, clamps, or bolt parts in position for welding or riveting.
- Weld components in 1G, 3G, & 4G positions.
- Set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as gas metal arc welding equipment, plasma cutting equipment and oxyacetylene torches.
- Examine work pieces for defects.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of steel structures.
- Ability to interpret blue prints and drawings.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions and using a tape measure.
- Ability to pass welding certification testing on a 1”plate
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- High school graduate or GED. Must have the skills to pass a 3G & 4G welding test
- You must have at least 2 years of experience as a welder in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds regularyly and 70 lbs occasionally throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
The above statements reflect the general information considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should be construed as a detailed description of work requirements which may be inherent in the position.
Apply through email
Want to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your introduction and resume attached. Be sure to specify the position you are applying for.
This job application is open until it is no longer posted. If selected, the next step will be an in-person interview.
If selected, you will be working specified hours from our headquarters in Caldwell, ID.
This is a fulltime position. You’re required to work 10 Hours per day, 5 days a week. 6am – 4pm Mon thru Fri.
Our mission is to offer our clients the highest quality refrigeration products, electrical control products and packaged control room systems by providing an unmatched combination of price, quality, and service.
We will cultivate our competitive advantage through teamwork, knowledge, communication, and technology. We will focus on profitable growth through alliance with customers who embrace strong relationships and allow us reasonable profits for outstanding products and services.
Engineering & Design
Johnson Thermal Systems
1711 Slipstream Way
Caldwell ID 83605
Tel: (208) 453-1000
Fax: (208) 453-1001
Copyright © 2018 Johnson Thermal Systems.